Relocating to Myrtle Beach? Top Tips For Moving Here From Out-Of-State
Making a major move can be an exciting new adventure. However, moving long distance without proper planning can turn your new adventure into a disaster. We’ve got the top tips to help you plan a successful move to Myrtle Beach.
1. Plan, Plan, Plan. Whether you are driving the moving truck or paying a moving company to relocate your belongings, any long-distance move takes time. Plan your schedule carefully and leave room for breakdowns, construction, detours and other unexpected delays that can impact your trip. Also, plan appropriately for the reasonable number of miles that can be covered in a day – something many people overestimate and find their planned stops being too far away when the fatigue sets in.
2. Pack Smart. Use clothing, towels and linens to cushion and protect breakables. These items have to be packed anyway so using them instead of newspaper, foam or bubble wrap saves money and helps you make the best use of every box.
3. Declutter Throughout Your Pack-Up. As you pack, keep an eye out for items you no longer need or use. You’ll likely find items throughout the packing process as you get into the back of closets and cupboards. Streamline and declutter as you go, making frequent trips to the local donation station, and you’ll get to your new home lighter and clutter-free.
4. Label and Document Everything. Clearly label all boxes and take pictures of all valuables, furniture and other important belongings – particularly if you’re using a moving company. If any damage occurs during the move or an item goes missing, you’ll have photo documentation for your claim.
5. Insure Your Move. This is extremely important, especially if you are using a moving company. If you’re moving yourself, your homeowner’s insurance may include coverage for moving but be sure to check with your insurance provider to be sure. If you’re using a moving company, ALWAYS ask for full-value coverage. Standard coverage with most moving companies covers only $0.60 per pound, whereas full-value coverage pays the full cost of replacement or repair for anything damaged along the way.
6. Do Your Research. Compare prices across moving companies and also different moving options. Perhaps a moving container would be a better option for you compared to renting a moving truck to drive yourself or hiring a moving company. Also, read reviews, check the Better Business Bureau, and research your options to avoid a moving nightmare.
Whether you are relocating to Myrtle Beach from Ohio, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey or farther, you’ll find a warm southern welcome here in South Carolina. Century 21 Broadhurst can help make your move easier by helping you find the right home.