5 Benefits of Hiring A Listing Agent
If you are planning to sell your home, you may be considering whether to hire a listing agent (also called a seller’s agent) or selling it directly yourself. While lots of websites and articles on the internet make selling your home on your own sound like an easy way to save money, they tend to leave out the little details that end up costing you big in the end. Here are 5 of the best reasons to hire a listing agent.
1. Your listing agent is your guide to the process – Selling a home is far more complicated than it seems for the uninitiated. The volumes of paperwork, the showings, the appraisal, the inspection, the back and forth of negotiating, going under contract, taking back-ups or not taking back-ups and so much more makes the home sales process an often difficult terrain. Your listing agent is your tour guide through the whole sales process from start to closing.
2. Your listing agent has the right tools – From access to the multiple listing service (MLS), to marketing channels, data on neighborhoods and local sales, social media networks and connections within the local real estate industry, your listing agent has all the right tools and training to use them that helps get your home sold for top dollar in the quickest time frame.
3. Your listing agent is an expert on your local market – Listing agents spend a lot of time staying tuned-in to what local buyers are looking for, what homes in your neighborhood are selling for, what features are getting top dollar offers, what competing homes nearby are offering buyers and how to best position your home within your market and neighborhood to make it stand out to potential buyers.
4. Your listing agent is a gatekeeper – Having a listing agent managing the sale of your home means only qualified potential buyers are coming to the home for showings, keeping unqualified people from wasting your time and energy. Your listing agent also acts as a buffer between you and the sometimes unreasonable demands of potential buyers and can advise you on what is worth compromising on and what isn’t.
5. Your listing agent has the right network – A good listing agent doesn’t work in a vacuum. They work with a list of other professionals at various steps in the process and can guide you to these other parties at the right time and ensure the process continues to move along. Just a few of the folks in their network include mortgage brokers, real estate attorneys, home stagers, inspectors, appraisers, insurance agents and movers to help you move on to your next adventure.
Navigating the unpredictable terrain of selling a home can easily become overwhelming if you try to go the do-it-yourself route. Having a listing agent with Century 21 Broadhurst to help guide you through all of the ups and downs, while avoiding troublesome trails, not only gets you through the process faster and easier but also helps ensure you get top dollar for your home.