Myrtle Beach Real Estate Market Update- September 2016
Century 21 Broadhurst and its agents keep thumbs on the pulse of the Myrtle Beach real estate market, and you can easily stay informed by clicking here to sign up for monthly updates. This month we are able to look at trends from August 2016 in the Myrtle Beach area, and here are a few highlights:
- The number of active residential listings in August of 2016 was up 8% from the same month in 2015 and up 3% from the previous month of July 2016.
- The median listing price for August 2016 was just under $190,000 at $189,900, up from $174,800 compared to the same time last year.
- The average number of days that units stayed on the market were down 39%! In August of 2015, the average number of days units stayed on the market were 150 days compared to 92 days in August of 2016.
- Fewer sales month over month and year over year from 2014 have been reported due to less inventory on the market. Fewer sales could indicate an opportunity for buyers to negotiate better terms.
- We have seen the sale and building of new construction proliferate in recent months.
For more information about the Myrtle Beach real estate market, contact one of our knowledgeable agents and sign up for regular market updates here. At Century 21 Broadhurst, we strive to know our community and keep you informed. We have offices located in Myrtle Beach and in Surfside Beach.