The Latest Trends in Real Estate: What Do Buyers Want?
Technology is always influencing our lives in new and exciting ways. With more and more tech-savvy Millennials entering home ownership for the first time, builders are implementing more advancements into homes today than ever before. However, even Baby Boomers are enjoying the conveniences being added to homes that a few years ago would not have crossed their imagination. Here are some of the hot new trends buyers are looking for in a home.
* Lots of “daylighting” with plenty of large windows, skylights and solar tubes to bring natural light into the entire home.
* Open layouts continue in popularity but with a focus on streamlining with less clutter and less ornate detail in favor of crisp clean lines.
* First floor master suites and first floor laundry rooms are increasing in popularity for all ages of homebuyers.
* Water-conserving fixtures in kitchen and bathrooms.
* High-efficiency and high-sustainability considerations throughout the home, from the HVAC system to Energy Star appliances, LED lighting, solar panels, low-E windows, programmable thermostats, well-insulated wall construction with environmentally friendly materials, and more ceiling fans in more rooms of the home.
* Wireless compatibility throughout the home – making sure the home has no “dead zones” for Wi-Fi or cellular data service.
* Technology integration by way of “smart” features in the home that allow homeowners to control lighting, security system, HVAC, and sometimes even appliances like ovens via smartphone app.
* Extra outlets and “combo” outlets that include both traditional three-prong plugs but also power-ports for USB plugs to charge devices like phones and tablets.
* Flexible “smart storage” with adjustable shelving and features that allow the homeowner to change storage options to maximize use of space.
* Separate dedicated pantry for food storage, rather than storing food in above-counter cabinetry.
* Style-wise, buyers are looking for homes that tie in traditional elements with the clean lines and simplicity of a more contemporary style.
One trend that never seems to change is a desire for safe, walk-able neighborhoods with green spaces like pocket parks and family-friendly community features like dog runs and children’s playgrounds. Add in some friendly neighbors and you’ve got the dream home of today’s buyer. If these trends in real estate sound like great features you’d like in a new home, let Century 21 Broadhurst make it happen!